My client a leading retailer are building out their cyber security practices whereby they are hiring Junior/intermediate and Senior engineers/consultants.
The primary purpose of this position is to protect and defend against advanced cyber threats targeting our brands. Support and guide the security analysts to monitor potential attacker and their (malicious) activities. Responsible for building resilience into the IT infrastructure and provide advisory & technical guidance to our brands.
Assists the cyber defense manager to design, implement, operate and improve the cyber defense capabilities.
- End-to-end responsible for the implementation of threat detection on business (critical) applications and systems (design, implementation, tuning, response and documentation);
- Pro-actively comes up with ideas to improve the cyber defense capabilities.
- Performs regular and ad-hoc vulnerability scans and analysis of scans;
- Conduct vulnerability and/or compliance assessments;
- Follows-up on the resolution of the vulnerabilities discovered;
- Is involved in the security monitoring by identifying risks and design tailored/specific use cases to mitigate these risks;
- Conducts testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current defense capabilities;
- Ensures that IDS/IPS components are tuned to protect against the latest threats and support the monitoring capabilities best;
- Is responsible for reviewing firewall rule requests;
- Actively involved in incident response procedures; by analyzing the threat/incident, determine the impact, decide on response and forensics activities;
- Support the business security advisors with technical security requirements during assessments of business projects;
- Contributes to the development of global security baselines for the different types of devices
For immediate consideration please get in touch directly at: