Aim of this role
The role of the SME for ITM/Netcool/Bluecare is a project related activity. It will be de-facto a role that will be performed within a technical heterogeneous environment that combines different technologies and platforms, but were we expected to be a specialist in the ITM – Netcool environment.
General Role Description :
- The work will be the implementation of new functionalities or new components within an known architecture for monitoring the production environment with ITM/Netcool/Bluecare, replacing the existing functionalities from BMC (Patrol/BEM)
- Works closely with the operational teams, the project leader and the technical teams.
First Role description:
· Understand the ITM/Netcool/Bluecare architecture and components
· Create an ITM/Netcool/bluecare solution based on enterprise requirements/environment.
- Use various interfaces to configure and administer the ITM/Netcool/bluecare environment
- Perform performance tuning and problem determination for ITM/Netcool/bluecare
- Understand the needs of the enterprise to provide an ongoing solution to the ITM/Netcool/bluecare environment
- Customize the ITM/Netcool environment including building of workspaces, situations, policies and historical data collection
- Skills mentioned above are of a high level (specialist – subject matter expert) , at least 5 years experience is needed in this environment.
Skills & Competencies required
- Communication, analytical, motivated, result-driven
- Maximum knowledge of the following :
- Good knowledge of IBM ITM
- Working knowledge of OS, networking, and firewall
- Good knowledge of the following tools : Windows Powershell, Unix shell scripting, SQL, XML
- Basic knowledge of security (SSL, data encryption, GS Kit, system user accounts)
- Basic knowledge of protocols including HTTP, LDAP, and SOAP
- Experience with IBM Service Management products, Application and Infrastructure performance management tools is an asset
- Experience with other tools and development languages is an asset : Java, C#, Eclipse, BMC monitoring and event management tools (Patrol, BEM)
- Language : French / English (Dutch is an asset)
For immediate consideration please get in touch directly at :
+44 0203 761 2877