System Engineer (Application Hosting)
- Competitive daily rate
My client a leading consultancy based in Geneva is looking for System Engineer.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The role of the Systems Engineer (Application Hosting) is to provide subject matter expertise for the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), ensuring effective support and delivery of services for the hosting of applications based on these technologies, and the implementation and maintenance of associated systems and infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge of LAMP stack applications and their components to provide support for hosted applications including Apache web servers, PHP and Mysql databases.
- Good knowledge of Drupal architecture using caching mechanism like Varnish, APC and memcached
- Good knowledge of Linux RedHat and CentOS Operating system.
- Good understanding of PHP code. Good understanding of systems used in delivery of hosted applications like Reverse proxy (linux/apache) and load balancing mechanisms
- Fair understanding of data model design and physical database implementation under Mysql and Postgres.
- Skills to maintain system architecture, design and maintenance documents.
- Creativity in approach to new challenges, both technological and organizational. Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
Essential: University degree in computer science, engineering, or information management, or related discipline.
Desirable: Relevant professional training and/or certification related to Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP technologies.
- Essential: At least communications field, of which at least 3 years of recent experience supporting complex, large-scale applications hosting environment based on LAMP related technologies. 5 years of relevant professional experience in the information.
- Desirable: Experience working with globally distributed stakeholders implementing and supporting application hosting environments. Experience working in a large national, multi-national or international organization.
Use of Language Skills : Expert knowledge in English. Basic knowledge in French (Desireable)