As I recommended in a prior post, sampling user experience sessions and demos should be at the top of your to-do list while attending this year’s SAPPHIRE NOW event. As part of your user experience journey, you might want to make the time to check out 12 different SAP apps debuting on the Apple Watch.
According to Martin Lang, Vice President, Enterprise Mobility, IT Services at SAP, most of the apps are live and connect to real SAP systems and processes via the SAP HANA Cloud Platform — which was no small feat to accomplish.
“The availability of SAP’s apps on the Apple Watch are now a reality thanks to a great deal of teamwork between the Walldorf, Newtown Square, and Dublin, CA teams in collaboration with SAP Chief Design Officer Sam Yenand his group.” said Lang. “We also held multiple meetings with Apple in their Apple Watch Lab and held a good deal of virtual meetings to loop in other teams.”
Judging by this list of available apps, it appears the teamwork has paid off:
- SAP Wire:- SAP HANA Cloud Platform-based instant messaging app, view chats and respond to incoming messages with default messages.
- SAP Mobile Documents: Control the presentation of slides on your iPhone.
- SAP News: Corporate news pushed right to your watch, hand over longer stories to your iPhone or iPad.
- Fiori Cart Approval: Accept/reject workflows or drill into the right level of detail and make a decision without ever taking your phone out of your pocket.
- SAP Office World Clock: Beautiful way to check on local time for various SAP office locations.
- Deal Approval: Approve/reject sales deals or hand over the deal information to your iPhone for more in-depth review.
- Deal Room: Sales collaboration tool for messaging, documents on current sales deals.
- Cloud 4 Customer: Shows different graphs, top deals, Pipeline.
- The Perfect Meeting: Managing your customer interactions.
- Boardrooms Redefined: From the big screen to your wrist, manage your business at an instant.
- Connected Health: Keeping a constant connection with your healthcare provider.
- Trip It: SAP’s first consumer app for the Apple Watch. Keeping your travel itinerary at a glance.
While SAP remains device agnostic and offers employees a number of choices including the Samsung Galaxy and Nexus phones when it comes to corporate or BYOD devices, the Apple Watch will be a natural and valuable extension to SAP executives who decided to make an iPhone their primary phone, according to Lang.
SAPPHIRE NOW attendees can see the Apple Watch demos in action at the SAPrunsSAP booth (#SC513). Demos can only be shown on real Apple Watches and need to be connected with the user’s iPhone. Apple Watches will be made available on site for testing purposes only.
This story also appeared on the SAP Business Trends community.
Top image: Shutterstock