Oracle Solaris 11.2 Now Generally Available
Complete cloud platform allows enterprises to accelerate their move to cloud
Now generally available, Oracle Solaris 11.2 accelerates your ability to deploy enterprise cloud computing with an efficient, secure, compliant, open, and affordable cloud platform. Engineered for cloud and deeply integrated with Oracle Database, Java, and Oracle Applications, Oracle Solaris 11.2 is more than an operating system (OS). It combines a complete OpenStack distribution, application-driven software-defined networking (SDN), zero-overhead virtualization, enterprise-grade disaster recovery, and high availability with an enterprise-class OS to simplify and secure the delivery of mission-critical cloud services. Oracle Solaris is a strategic element in Oracle’s growing systems business.
• Now available, Oracle Solaris 11.2 is engineered to deliver an efficient, secure, compliant, open and affordable path to enterprise cloud computing for organizations seeking to simplify and modernize their data centers.
• Oracle Solaris 11.2 is a complete, integrated and open cloud platform engineered for large-scale enterprise cloud environments. It combines OpenStack, application-driven SDN technology, clustering, and zero-overhead virtualization with a proven enterprise-class OS.
• With its application compatibility guarantee program, Oracle Solaris is designed to make IT’s transformation to enterprise-grade cloud simple, fast, and affordable.
• Customers can get a cloud up and running in as few as 10 minutes using Oracle Solaris 11.2’s Unified Archive template and OpenStack distribution.
• Oracle Solaris 11.2 can significantly reduce compliance overhead with built-in compliance reporting and simple resolution instructions.
• Oracle Solaris incorporates unique features for security and offers built-in virtualization that delivers massive scalability at low cost.
• Oracle Solaris 11.2 further extends virtualization flexibility with support for zones at differing kernel patch levels.
• Also available now, Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.2 is the best availability solution for protecting Oracle Solaris environments in enterprise data centers and mission-critical cloud deployments.
• Built on deep integration with Oracle Solaris 11.2’s extensive cloud, virtualization and enterprise provisioning capabilities, Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.2 enables fast, accurate, fully orchestrated multisite and multitier recovery from outages and disasters to help significantly reduce unplanned downtime and maximize service availability.
• Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.2 includes built-in high availability support for more than 30 common enterprise application suites, including new modules for Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterprise One; Oracle GoldenGate; and Oracle Multitenant, a new Oracle Database 12c option; and updated support for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.