Oracle Unveils Latest Cloud Applications at Oracle OpenWorld
Personalized, connected, and secure portfolio of cloud applications helps customers succeed in a digital world
Oracle OpenWorld, San Francisco—September 29, 2014
- At Oracle OpenWorld 2014 in San Francisco, Oracle unveiled Oracle Applications Cloud Release 9.
- The latest release of Oracle Applications Cloud provides a full portfolio of cloud offerings that are personalized, secure, and connected and provide a practical path to the cloud for Oracle customers.
- Oracle Applications Cloud allow users to tailor applications to fit their business, empowering employees to configure their user experience, dashboards, reports, workflow, and data.
- Customers and partners can easily personalize their Oracle Applications Cloud using Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (Oracle Cloud PaaS) to create new features and build their own modern cloud and mobile SaaS applications.
- With Oracle Applications Cloud, companies can connect the entire business— data, processes, analytics, and people—and provide employees with a unified user experience.
- In addition, customers can seamlessly integrate processes and data between cloud, on-premises, and third-party applications.
- Oracle is a proven cloud provider known for viability, reliability, and expertise. Its Oracle Applications Cloud help customers comply with local data residency requirements via 19 global data centers, industry clouds, world-class data security, common controls and processes, advanced security infrastructure, and isolated data tenancy.
- Practical path to the cloud:
- To help customers adopt its cloud applications, Oracle has expanded the Oracle Customer 2 Cloud program to Oracle ERP customers. This program enables Oracle’s on-premises customers to move current support to modern cloud applications and helps customers be successful through rapid startup services and packaged integrations.
- Oracle has also expanded Oracle partner programs related to Customer 2 Cloud to help partners successfully transition their business practices to the cloud.
- Oracle Cloud provides the industry’s broadest portfolio of public cloud services across data as a service (DaaS), SaaS, platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Oracle Cloud continues to show strong adoption, supporting 62 million users and 23 billion transactions each day. Oracle Cloud runs on 30,000 devices and 400 petabytes of storage in 19 data centers around the world.
- Business technology research and advisory services firm Ventana Research awarded Oracle with the 2014 Technology Innovation Award for Business Innovation in the category of Cloud Computing, recognizing the company as a pioneer that drives change and increased value for organizations. The Ventana Technology Innovation Awards, presented annually, identify the technologies that have had or have the potential to have the most striking positive impact on business and honor their providers. More information on this prestigious award can be found at http://www.ventanaresearch.com/innovationawards.
Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud
Mobile enhancements to Oracle ERP Cloud make it easier for users to handle key business transactions wherever they are, whenever they need to.
- Oracle Enterpise Resource Planning Cloud (Oracle ERP Cloud) is composed of Oracle Financials Cloud, Oracle Procurement Cloud, and Oracle Project Portfolio Management Cloud. Oracle ERP Cloud Release 9 includes a broad suite of applications that are tailored to meet the needs of customers in specific industries, including public sector and higher education.
- Significant mobile enhancements make it easier for Oracle ERP Cloud users to handle key business transactions wherever they are, whenever they need to.
- Key new features in Oracle ERP Cloud include:
- Oracle Supplier Qualification Management Cloud, designed to help companies and organizations capture and qualify suppliers with accurate information.
- Encumbrance Accounting and Budgetary Control for Public Sector, which helps government agencies and municipalities to better plan and budget, control costs, and analyze actual and expected spending data.
- Oracle Grants Management Cloud, a new product designed to help effectively manage grants and contracts received from any type of organization.
Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud
Work Life solutions in Oracle HCM Cloud Release 9 help reach and engage an organization's entire workforce.
- Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud (Oracle HCM Cloud) Release 9 continues to provide users with the experience they have come to expect from consumer applications. It includes design enhancements developed with customer input to give even casual users a simple solution so they can get back to their day-to-day work more quickly and maximize their productivity.
- Oracle HCM Cloud supports integrations to Oracle’s PeopleSoft Payroll and Oracle E-Business Suite Payroll, enabling existing customers to move to the cloud at their own pace.
- Also available in Oracle HCM Cloud Release 9 are new Work Life solutions, social applications designed to help reach and engage an organization’s entire workforce, especially Millennials.
- Users can now access the full range of Oracle HCM Cloud on their mobile devices via a single, unified experience in a browser or via the mobile application.
Oracle Customer Experience Cloud
- Oracle Customer Experience Cloud (Oracle CX Cloud) is a complete set of best-in-class, integrated, cloud-enabled solutions that encompass the entire customer journey. Oracle has recently updated Oracle CX Cloud to help companies break down organizational barriers so they can connect engagements, build advocacy, and grow revenue.
- Extending its commitment to create streamlined data access for the enterprise and help sales teams drive efficiencies and sell more, Oracle today announced Oracle Data as a Service for Sales (Oracle DaaS for Sales), a component of the Oracle Data Cloud. In partnership with Dun & Bradstreet, the world’s leading source of commercial data and business insights, Oracle DaaS for Sales enables organizations to create new business opportunities with the world’s largest source of trusted B2B company data including reference, social, and competitive profile information.
- To help simplify marketing across all channels and deliver truly customer-centric campaigns, Oracle also announced the integration of the Oracle Data Management Platform solution (formerly BlueKai Data Management Platform) with Oracle Cross-Channel Contact Center, to help marketers define, target, and retarget their ideal customers to build more-effective marketing programs.
- To help marketers improve collaboration, streamline processes, and better manage their digital assets, Oracle has integrated Oracle Marketing Cloud with Box, a cloud platform that helps businesses securely store, share and manage content.
- With Release 9, Oracle introduced enhanced social commerce capabilities in Oracle Social Cloud and Oracle Commerce. By enabling organizations to precisely target content to segmented audiences on Facebook, Oracle is extending its commitment to helping organizations enhance the customer experience and generate higher brand awareness and conversion rates.
- Oracle also announced new modules for Social Station, an innovative workspace within Oracle Social Cloud’s social relationship management (SRM) platform. The new modules enhance customer visibility and agility with real-time data, reporting, and response features that help organizations quickly prove the value of social programs.
- Major updates to Oracle Sales Cloud include new smartphone and tablet applications, prebuilt and drill-down reporting capabilities for analytics, new partner relationship management capabilities, and industry-specific solutions. With the latest release of Oracle Sales Cloud, organizations can rapidly innovate to meet customers’ changing needs by enabling sales professionals to plan, prospect, collaborate, and close deals more effectively and efficiently.
Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud
- A consistent supply chain drives customer satisfaction and financial performance. Major updates to Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud (Oracle SCM Cloud) help companies keep up with a fast-paced, digital world.
- Oracle Transportation Management Cloud and Oracle Global Trade Management Cloud further extend Oracles’ commitment to providing innovation for today’s global supply chains, which help customers of any size quickly and easily support business growth and market expansion by allowing reduced transportation costs, increased operational efficiency, improved customer service, decreased supply chain lead times, and mitigated supply chain and trade compliance risk.
- Oracle also is expanding its portfolio of Oracle Product Value Chain Cloud solutions with Oracle Innovation Management Cloud and Oracle Product Development Cloud. These solutions will help organizations achieve a more cost-effective use of time, resources, and budget, while also supporting top-line growth by rapidly delivering higher-value products.
Enhanced Analytics Capabilities in Oracle Analytics Cloud Benefit Full Line of Oracle Applications Cloud
- Oracle Analytics Cloud meets the needs of line-of-business users, data scientists, and IT. Prebuilt analytic applications provide embedded real-time reporting and deep cross-functional analysis for a range of SaaS applications.
- Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence embeds analytics in Oracle SaaS applications, providing reports and analysis in real time for Oracle HCM Cloud, Oracle CX Cloud, and Oracle ERP Cloud.
- Completely integrated within Oracle Applications Cloud, Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence automatically extends and adapts reporting when the underlying applications are configured. It automatically integrates with security roles of the source applications.
- Built for line-of-business users, Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence delivers analysis via interactive dashboards, packaged KPIs, and alerts to desktop and mobile devices.
“In today’s modern, digital world, businesses and organizations rely on technology to help them run their back-office operations, as well as customer-facing functions such as sales and marketing,” said Steve Miranda, executive vice president, Oracle Applications Development. “To help them remain truly competitive, Oracle offers a complete portfolio of Oracle Applications Cloud that provides modern business practices for virtually every function in the enterprise. Oracle Applications Cloud Release 9 is personalized, connected, and secure, designed to help our customers achieve their most critical business goals.”
Blanc & Otus
Oracle Cloud Solutions
Oracle provides the industry’s broadest and most complete portfolio of public, private, and managed cloud offerings to offer customers the choice of deployment model. Oracle Cloud delivers a broad suite of public cloud services across DaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. Oracle also provides a rich portfolio of products and managed cloud services to deliver enterprise private clouds.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important business and technology conference of the year for Oracle customers, prospective customers, and partners. This educational conference is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology. Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,700 educational sessions, hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, and exhibitions from more than 400 partners and customers from around the world showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management, cloud, and infrastructure solutions—all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is being held September 28 through October 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information; to register; or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions, and more, visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook, and the Oracle OpenWorld blog.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Safe Harbor Disclaimer
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Talk to a Press Contact