Oracle Updates Oracle ERP Cloud to Help Businesses Streamline Their Enterprise Business Processes
Complete solution offers flexibility for customers to migrate to the cloud at their own pace
Oracle OpenWorld, San Francisco—September 30, 2014
For companies trying to strengthen their core business, technology—especially cloud technology—can play a key role in optimizing operations. To help customers looking to streamline processes such as finance, procurement, and project portfolio management, Oracle has updated Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud (Oracle ERP Cloud) to provide a fast, cost-effective way to strengthen core operations.
- To help businesses streamline their enterprise business processes, Oracle has delivered updates to Oracle ERP Cloud.
- Oracle ERP Cloud Release 9 includes a broad portfolio of applications that are tailored to meet the needs of customers in specific industries, including higher education and public sector.
- Available in 23 languages and more than 50 countries, Oracle ERP Cloud is designed for incremental cloud adoption, which lets customers move to the cloud at their own pace in phases that fit their business model and operational needs.
- Significant mobile enhancements make it easier for Oracle ERP Cloud users to handle key business transactions wherever they are, whenever they need to.
- Oracle ERP Cloud is composed of Oracle Financials Cloud, Oracle Procurement Cloud, and Oracle Project Portfolio Management Cloud (Oracle PPM Cloud).
Enhancements to Oracle Financials Cloud include:
Enhanced mobile capabilities help the modern finance department improve productivity:
- A simplified mobile interface delivers real-time financial results anytime, anywhere, from your tablet or desktop.
- The Mobile Financial Reporting Center is integrated with Oracle Social Network social solutions to enable better collaboration among team members.
- A new "sunburst" view helps promote interactive understanding of key data.
Expanded global features address needs across geographies:
Mobile Financial Reporting Center integrates with Oracle Social Network to enable better team member collaboration.
- Cross-currency payments enable users to pay invoices across currencies, regardless of where they are located.
- Legal entity-based sequencing and rapid implementation for country-specific sequences simplifies legal compliance.
- Centralized payments and receipts across business units enables invoices to be paid across multiple business units, reducing transaction and administrative costs.
- Tax Box Allocations help prepare VAT declarations.
Streamlined integration, setup, and processing makes it easier for anyone to use and benefit from Oracle Financials Cloud:
- Oracle Financial Accounting Hub Report Cloud provides robust mobile reporting on Oracle E-Business Suite accounting data without any additional configuration.
- Seamless integration between Oracle Financials Cloud and Oracle Configure, Price, and Quote Cloud (Oracle CPQ Cloud) streamlines the quote-to-cash process.
- Integration to travel partner GetThere helps improve booking experience and provides visibility to travel costs and travel booking violations.
Enhancements to Oracle Procurement Cloud Include:
Oracle Supplier Qualification Management Cloud is designed to help companies and organizations capture and qualify suppliers with accurate information. Oracle Supplier Qualification Management Cloud enables organizations to:
- Qualify and assess suppliers to support supplier programs, compliance, and sourcing award decisions.
- Gather supplier information through internal and external qualification questionnaires.
- Promptly alert users when new information might affect supplier qualifications, capabilities, or risk.
- Provide insight to supplier qualifications and policy compliance.
Oracle Procurement Cloud Release 9 includes several features designed to increase efficiency, including:
Project Team Member Mobile enables team members to update, change, and progress existing tasks conveniently—anytime, anywere.
- Local Punchout Item Search, which unifies the search and browse experience to enable local search of supplier punchout catalog content. This is designed to help people quickly find what they are looking for and minimize the changes to look and feel across supplier sites.
- New Supplier Registration Request in self-service procurement, which allows people to quickly request a new supplier that is not yet set up.
- Supplier Import and Update Enhancements have been dramatically improved to include additional information and allow updates as well as new supplier creation.
Enhancements to Oracle PPM Cloud Include:
To help drive profitability, the latest release of Oracle PPM Cloud introduces several new features in Oracle Project Financial Management Cloud:
- Oracle Grants Management Cloud is a new product designed to help effectively manage grants and contracts received from any type of organization. It enables organizations to track, control, and report on grants budgets, commitments, and expenditures. It supports the full post-award lifecycle from the initial receipt of the award to allocating funding to projects, invoicing grant expenditures, and final reporting.
- A new Budgetary Control feature lets organizations keep tabs on spending and ensure cost overruns are prevented or identified.
New project-execution capabilities in Release 9 can help project organizations deliver their projects more efficiently:
- Resume-based searches can make it easier to match the right resources to the project work. Searches also will be able to help organizations manage the staffing impact of events such as project date changes.
- Enhancements for organizations using Agile development processes and a new integration with Oracle Fusion Innovation Management can help companies support their product development processes.
New mobile and social capabilities are designed to keep the project team engaged with modern, mobile, and social applications:
- Project Team Member Mobile, a new feature in Release 9, enables team members to update, change, and progress existing tasks conveniently, anytime, anywhere.
- Oracle Project Manager Cloud Mobile enables project managers to use native gestures on the tablet to reveal project detail through the task hierarchy to see the latest progress, even while onsite or away from the office.
Additional enhancements help to simplify solutions and business processes:
- New services and interfaces across multiple functional areas, including grants, assets, and project and resource management, help customers integrate with different systems.
- Project opportunity management capabilities will enable organizations to create projects from opportunities and plan delivery of the engagements. This can help sales and delivery teams work together during the sales cycle, ensuring projects are properly planned and resourced and accurately tracking the cost of winning new business.
In Release 9 of Oracle PPM Cloud, reporting and analysis enhancements provide a better view of projects from sales to execution, at all levels of the organization:
- Enterprise Project Structure, a new reporting hierarchy, several new reporting subject areas for Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence, and predefined sample dashboards and reports have been added to help provide better visibility.
New Features in Oracle ERP Cloud for Public Sector Include:
Oracle Grants Management Cloud helps manage grants and contracts received from any type of organization.
Encumbrance Accounting and Budgetary Control for Public Sector help government agencies and municipalities to better plan and budget, control costs, and analyze actual and expected spending data.
Public Sector Sourcing helps ensure transparency and compliance with sourcing policies via Two Stage RFQ, Surrogate Bidding, Online Supplier Messages, and Negotiation Creation and Award Approvals.
New Features in Oracle ERP Cloud for Higher Education Include:
Key functionality targeting the higher education sector to support grants management and project-based funding.
A new cloud-based student information system is also under development. Oracle Student Cloud, targeted for 2015, is designed to manage the full spectrum of educational offerings, from traditional research-based institutions to nontraditional models focused on online learning.
Oracle Student Cloud is planned for integration with Oracle HCM Cloud and Oracle ERP Cloud to deliver a complete cloud-based solution for higher education.
Oracle ERP Cloud’s higher education enhancements all come with built-in mobile, social, and analytic features to improve productivity.
"The right ERP cloud can enable an organization to modernize back-office operations, empower its people, and maximize value," said Rondy Ng, senior vice president, Oracle Applications Development. "Complete, best-in-class ERP that is delivered via a practical adoption path is critical to the success of modern businesses and organizations. We have delivered rich enhancements and new products in Oracle ERP Cloud Release 9 to help customers streamline their business practices and transform their companies."
- Oracle ERP Cloud Service
- Video: Oracle Applications Release 9 Spotlight on Financials
- Video: Oracle Applications Release 9 Spotlight on Procurement
- Video: Oracle Applications Release 9 Spotlight on Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle Financials Cloud
- Oracle Procurement Cloud
- Oracle Project Portfolio Management Cloud
Blanc & Otus
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important business and technology conference of the year for Oracle customers, prospective customers, and partners. This educational conference is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology. Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,700 educational sessions, hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, and exhibitions from more than 450 partners and customers from around the world showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management, cloud, and infrastructure solutions—all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is being held September 28 through October 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information; to register; or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions, and more, visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook, and the Oracle OpenWorld blog.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Talk to a Press Contact